Excerpt of Village Code Regarding Political Signs
Chapter 540. Signs
§ 540-3. Signs not requiring a permit.
A.Political signs. Signs containing a political message shall be permitted under the following conditions:
(1)The display of any such signs shall be limited to a period beginning on the first day for circulation of nomination papers by candidates and ending on the day of the election.
(2)Political signs shall not exceed six square feet if such size limitation is necessary to ensure traffic or pedestrian safety.
(3)The candidate, party or parties responsible for the erection or distribution of any such signs shall be jointly and severally liable for the removal of the sign(s) within three days after the primary, general, or special election to which they refer.
(4)No permit shall be required for such a sign.
(5)Political signs are not permitted on public property, rights-of-way, or within 100 feet from a polling place entrance.
[Added 8-13-2002 by Ord. No. 2002-12]
Election NoticesNotice of Outstanding Provisional Ballots - 2017 Spring Election
4-4-17 Board Of Canvassers Notice - Final
Spring Primary Election (if required) Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Spring Election Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Partisan Primary, Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Fall General Election, November 6, 2018
Where & When
Voting hours are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Voting locations in the Village:
- Police Department
Wards 1, 2, 3, and 4
7300 N Santa Monica Blvd
Fox Point WI 53217
- Longacre Pavilion
Wards 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9
7343 N Longacre Road
Fox Point WI 53217
For more information, please click Here
Voter Photo ID
Wisconsin requires voters to show Photo ID. The following types of Photo ID’s are acceptable:
- Wisconsin driver license expiring 11/8/16 or later
- Wisconsin DOT-issued photo ID card expiring 11/8/16 or later
- U.S. Passport expiring 11/8/16 or later
- US Uniformed Services card expiring 11/8/16 or later
- Certificate of Naturalization issued within last 2 years
- Unexpired (or expired if it has expired since the last November General Election, 11/8/16) Wisconsin Driver, State, or IDPP receipt
- Expired ID card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin accredited university/college ID with issuance date, signature, and expiration within 2 years of issuance, and proof of current enrollment
- Veteran Affairs ID card
If you do not have a Wisconsin driver license or ID, you may obtain one for free HERE.